Friday, June 10, 2016

Authors Blog Challenge: Top 5 Books and Why

Welcome to Week 6 of the Authors Blog Challenge. Sorry I haven't been keeping up.

Top 5 Books and Why

1.) Go Ask Alice by Anonymous


This book really got to me. It was so deep and raw. After reading this, and another book called Cut by Patricia McCormick, I was inspired to write a YA book about a girl who cuts herself and runs away from home. One of these days I'm going to edit and publish it.

2.) If I Stay by Gayle Forman


This book broke me, I rarely cry when reading and this had me on my bedroom floor crying my eyes out. My cat was concerned. Mia and Adam were all I could think about for days. My heart hurt so much I had to read Where She Went asap. And then I cried all over again. I had the pleasure of meeting Gayle and having her sign my books. I wasn't able to tell her how much her books affected me, but that was still an awesome day.

3.) Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher


This is another book that had me crying on my bedroom floor. I don't know why my favorite books are always the ones that leave me in tears. Perhaps it's because I remember them best. They touched me on a deep level and in turn became a part of me. Hannah's tapes were haunting. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was heartbroken and angry about what had happened to her. I loved how Jay had her use tapes, something already old, and how Clay had to go around trying to find a tape player. That was genius. It makes the book never age!

4.) Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury


I had to read this book for my English class in high school. When I first started reading it I thought it was boring and wished I didn't have to. Except the more I read it the more I got into it. Firemen set fires to books! I mean WTF? After college and learning more about how the world works I've come to truly love this book. It shows how society can change for the worst and I think this book is actually coming true.

5.) Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen

23009402

I've read almost every book by Sarah since she's one of my favorite authors, but this one is pretty much my favorite by her. Sydney's brother changed her life and she feels the guilt of what he did. Her parents, especially her mother, live in denial. I hated her mom so much. I wanted to slap her anytime she showed up.  Anyway, Sydney then meets Mac and...oh I can't say more because I'll ruin it. But Mac and his sister become so important to Sydney and they are so amazing. I love how there's a key scene that ties in the cover image and even an object that ties into the title. This book was fantastic. The ending is left open though, but overall it's a must read.

That's it for this post. What are some of your favorite books?

No comments:

Post a Comment